Daily Mobility Exercises by Dr. Kelly Starrett Forums General Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years! Re: Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years!

Joshua A bradleyJoshua A bradley
Participant

I haven’t been following the thread.  I just wanted to jump in and say that my pain is completely under control now.  Unfortunately, I still can’t squat down or walk down stairs or the pain returns.  But this is probably because I let this problem fester for about 5 years.  But whenever the pain starts returning, I know exactly what to do to.  It’s not hours of leg exercises every day – which like you guys, i did religiously at one point.  All I have to do is one thing:  Strengthening hamstrings.  And I’ve found that this is my favorite way to do it.  short video… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAYtwM95-ug    The hamstring machines at the gym are garbage.  This swiss ball method is pretty good.  I know I’ve mentioned hamstrings before and you guys indicated it’s not likely your issue.  But thought I’d post with this one last time.  GL