Daily Mobility Exercises by Dr. Kelly Starrett Forums General Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years! Re: Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years!

Participant

Thanks dj.  I usually don’t get pain upon squatting, but the tightness and pain return after.  I feel like maybe I’m compensating with some overactive muscles and then they tense up after.  I’ve been doing posterior and core strengthening the last couple days, seems to help, but always have that slight tightness that I know will come back once I stop.  I’ve wondered this before, but I’m really curious about a possible disc issue.  I don’t present with any back pain, although I’ve had a couple twinges here and there, never anything debilitating or something I thought I should have a doc check out.   I know most people have disc issues when they receive an MRI, but most have no symptoms.  I’m not sure an MRI would help anyways, am I going to have back surgery at this point, very unlikely. 

Another thread I’ve had going for a bit, with some different perspectives, think there might be some useful info in it.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/264615-ITB-Issues-What-Worked-for-You