Daily Mobility Exercises by Dr. Kelly Starrett Forums General Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years! Re: Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years!

Update:

Symptoms/Pain
 I dont want to speak to soon, but I am feeling some progress. Symptoms are a lot better, tightness has decreased, and knee pain is better. However, it still doesnt feel right, patella still feels compressed and tilted still gives me pain going down stairs. Not much pain at all when walking, or standing mostly just discomfort. Also, it feels like the tightness and knee pain can return to high levels anytime if triggered so I must be cautious all the time and avoid doing a lot of things. 

Exercises/Glute medius
Glute medius feels like its firing when doing clamshells. I have also been doing a lot of x-band walks and voodoo band squats with resistance band around knees pulling knees in (while I try to push knees out). Also been doing a lot of single leg glute bridges/hip thrusts. 

Banded distractions/External ROM
Banded distractions for my right hip capsule doesnt feel like its working to increase my external range of motion for my right hip/femur. It still very limited in external range of motion.

I am going to see physiotherapist on Monday.