Daily Mobility Exercises by Dr. Kelly Starrett Forums General is banded distraction and joint capsule mob a load of bollocks? Reply To: is banded distraction and joint capsule mob a load of bollocks?

Participant

Not sure if three years is too late to join the chat but I have an additional question. I completely get Travis’ answer but have had a little difficulty with banded distraction in a different way. I have hip impingement in both hips (FAI) and have used banded distraction in an effort to help. While I’m sure FAI is quite over diagnosed I’ve got a fair amount of damage and limited range of motion so definitely strongly on the scale. Banded distraction helps ROM without a doubt. It doesn’t seem to maintain that improved ROM for long though and I’ve had a series of other minor tweaks (lower back etc) there after. My physio believes it may be making the hips less stable. I do a disgusting amount of core/glute strength but am staring down the barrel of surgery. Is banded distraction a cheap and temporary fix or has it got more potential than that? Love the work TRS!