August 26, 2021
Instructor: Dr. Kelly Starrett & Dr. Sean McBride
The online Movement & Mobility 102 Course has a combination of self-guided lessons and live Q&A video calls.
For each week of the course, beginning on Monday, we will release a new lesson every day until you’ve received all of the course material for that week. Each lesson contains a combination of written material and videos, and will take you about an hour to complete.
Then every Thursday during the course, you will get access to a live, 60-minute Q&A video call with a Ready State coach to answer your questions. We’ve structured the course so that you will always receive all your weekly lessons before the live Q&A video call each Thursday.
Plus after the course ends, you get lifetime access to the course portal with all of the self-guided lessons. And you also get access to the recordings for each of the Q&A calls during your section of the 102 course.
Here’s the complete course schedule for the Movement & Mobility 102 Course.
This is the course you will join when you enroll in the pro course bundle for $399 off available on this page.
To get the most out of the 102 course, we strongly recommend that you complete the 101 course before the 102 course begins. And you must purchase the 101 course in order to attend the 102. (But don’t worry. We offer an exclusive discount when you bundle the 101 and 102 course together.)
And if you can’t make this edition of the online Movement & Mobility 102 Course, join the waitlist and be the first to hear when enrollment is open for the online 102 course again.
Movement & Mobility 101 online course (or our previous CrossFit Mobility course)
The in-person Movement & Mobility 102 Course costs $1,099. So to reflect that you will not be able to meet or interact with our instructors in person, the online version of the course is only $799. And you will still be able to attend a live version of the course for free in the future if you’d like.
WHAT EQUIPMENT IS REQUIRED TO TAKE THE MOVEMENT & MOBILITY 102 COURSE AND WEBINAR?
You will need an active internet connection. And note that streaming two days of live video will use a significant amount of data. So make sure your data plan will allow for that.
We recommend you use a laptop or tablet to access the course materials. In our experience, smartphones often do not have the processing power to give students a seamless video feed.
The webinar is held on the Zoom platform. We highly recommend familiarizing yourself with Zoom before joining the live webinar to avoid running into connection trouble and missing part of the webinar.
For the webinar, you will need the following:
- Personal electronic device meeting Zoom system requirements, with camera, microphone, and active internet connection (laptop or tablet preferred)
- The Zoom platform downloaded on your device
- Suitable clothes for working out
- Two lacrosse balls taped together, peanut, or a MobilityWOD Gemini
- A single lacrosse ball
- A VooDoo Floss Band
- A larger ball like a softball, MobilityWOD Supernova, or a rubber princess ball like you’d find at a drug store.
- A green jump stretch band or friend with a green jump stretch band (a bike tube will work in a pinch but we encourage you to have a proper band).We think the most universally useful band is the Green Rogue Monster Band.
- A scraping tool
- A dowel, PVC pipe, broomstick, or similar object
- Paper and pen to take notes
Most of these items can be found at:
Also, if you can safely have a partner join you for some or all of the webinar, it will help you get more out of the course. Practicing the techniques from the course in real-time will increase your retention and understanding of the material.
But please only seek out a partner who you can safely be in close contact with for two days.
HOW AND WHEN ARE CERTIFICATES DELIVERED?
Once you attend both days training and pass both multiple choice tests, your certificate will automatically be available for you to download.
The Ready State 102: TRS Coach’s Course expands and builds upon the principles of our Movement & Mobility 101 Course based on Dr. Kelly Starrett’s system of resolving mechanically based musculoskeletal pain, preventing injury, and optimizing athletic movement and performance.
Coaches have the most access and insight into the movement competency and incomplete mechanics of their athletes and clients and are often the only person privy to their overuse aches and mechanically-based pain. Yet these coaches typically aren’t prepared or trained to manage movement restrictions and simple movement based pain problems. This creates a gap where the athlete or client either:
- Ignores their movement restriction or dysfunction problem until it becomes so severe that they are forced to seek formal medical care, or
- Stops the offending movement or activity hoping that the problem spontaneously resolves.
The TRS Coach’s Course aims to fill this gap in knowledge and experience. The movement and performance coach must become the first responder in helping an athlete or client understand a sound course of action regarding the resolution of movement based dysfunction. In order to provide cogent movement instruction towards continued athletic development, we need to more closely conjoin the stimulus for athletic physical adaption, the dynamic and ongoing movement diagnostic process, and the management of movement related problems at the point at which movement instruction is actually delivered, like the track, gym, court, or field. Only the working coach is adequately positioned to fill this need and complete the cycle of athletic performance and athlete care.
After years of teaching the foundations of Movement & Mobility, the overwhelming feedback from coaches and athletes has been a desire for more advanced instruction and application. The 102 Course is our answer and will provide coaches with systematic movement assessment as well as advanced techniques in mobilization, down-regulation, perfusion, and programming. The course is two full days, and includes a detailed Course Manual with background science, safety, and advanced programming.
The goal of our Movement & Mobility 101 Course is to make the invisible visible. The goal of this course is to make the invisible quantifiable. Attendees will learn a complete system of movement assessments for the spine, upper and lower body. Athletes and coaches looking for a deeper appreciation of the science of movement and how to improve it will learn how to see movement through the eyes of an advanced movement practitioner.
- Understanding of the I3 Model
- Proper Warm Up
- Basic Understanding of Pain Science
- Red Flags/Scope of Practice
- Application of TRS Movement Assessment
- Interpretation of TRS Movement Assessment and Incidents
- Ability to Describe ROM & Joint Capsule “End Feel”
- Understanding of Down Regulation/Desensitization/Tissue Perfusion
- Application of Advanced TRS Mobilizations
- Application/Understanding of Spinal Organization/Bracing
- First Level/Initial Programming Approach for Incident Pattern Strategies
RECOMMENDED SUPPLEMENTAL READING MATERIAL
- Updated and Expanded Edition of Becoming A Supple Leopard by Kelly Starrett
- Level 2 Course Manual (provided prior to the course)
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
We have been approved by the following organizations for continuing education credits as follows: ACE: CEP125759 @ 1.5 CEUs, AFAA: provider #11,770 @ 15 CEUs, NASM: provider #4,045 @ 1.6 CEUs.