Relieve pain, prevent injury, and increase performance. Get customized mobility coaching developed by Dr. Kelly Starrett.
- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by Anonymous.
08/28/2014 at 5:10 am #71090Steve Lisson
Hi,I’m reaching out to the MWOD community as I’m at a loss for what to do!A little history:
I’ve followed MWOD for 4 years now and have lots of rollers, balls, floss bands etc and followed the advice given but still have low back pain/spasms. My hips now feel clear of impingement but I can’t help thinking my structural issues will lead me back there in the future? I’ve seen my GP, physio’s, clinical massage therapists and a UKSCA coach (I’m in England) but I still have a distended/weak abdomen and low back issues!Can anyone help me to break this down and implement a programme to sort this out or at least recommend someone I can see in England?Many thanks,Richard.
- August 2010 – surgery for FAI & labral tear left hip
- August 2014 – surgery for FAI & labral tear right hip
- August 2014 – surgery for FAI & labral tear left hip – again!
- Lower crossed syndrome with flat thoracic spine
- For the past 3 years I’ve also struggled with low back ache and spasms
- I need to click my knees all the time and this has gotten worse over the last 6 months – never painful, just stiff
08/28/2014 at 12:47 pm #75170Nathan RicherParticipant
i’m a big fan of Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) and I think it could help you a lot. There are practictioners in the UK:
08/29/2014 at 4:54 am #75175Steve Lisson
Thanks for the links David, looks very interesting!
09/02/2014 at 3:01 pm #75185Anonymous
If possible I would recommend visiting CrossFit Thames and scheduling an appoint with Jami Takkanen.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.