The Ready State Virtual Mobility Coach is like having a virtual Kelly Starrett in your pocket.
- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years, 4 months ago by Anonymous.
09/08/2014 at 8:18 pm #71108Natasha Sealy
I just recovered from a broken and dislocated ankle with a complete tear of the ligament. I’m not sure what should I do to get back to a full squat range of motion, given the fact ive never been flexible or too mobile. How should I start? which mobility WOD should I perform for now?
09/09/2014 at 2:43 pm #75206Anonymous
Is your injury healed?
Are you cleared to do mobility work on this area?
Are you working with a PT following the injury?
Were you following the MWod prior to the injury?
09/09/2014 at 4:07 pm #75209Natasha Sealy
1. 100% cleared. I am running and jumping (very awfuly but I do). I’m squatting wrong and pulling from the floor uncomfortably.
2. I went through a long physiotherapy with professionals. now Im on my own cuz this just costs too much to continue.
3. no. but I did perform Defranco’s mobility samples.
09/10/2014 at 1:12 pm #75216Anonymous
If you are running and jumping very awfuly time for skill/drill and technique work.
Schedule a lesson with a coach if you can.
Kelly did a free creative live course last Friday on Ready to Run
I would recommend doing a lesson or block of lessons with a coach.
May need to make adjustments following the injury and identifying mobility restrictions.
Carl Paoli has a great progression on rebuilding the squat on the Cody App.
Move Strong I Squat, push up, pull up and some workouts.
Retooling is an important part of the recovery process.
Take the time now and create a foundation to build from.
Have you identified restricted areas?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.