Relieve pain, prevent injury, and increase performance. Get customized mobility coaching developed by Dr. Kelly Starrett.
› Forums › General › SI Joint/L1 L4 L5 Problems for the past 8 years! Please Help Me! › Re: SI Joint/L1 L4 L5 Problems for the past 8 years! Please Help Me!
Dovey – sounds like we have very similar situations (symptoms, many years of pain, no success with other practitioners).
- Lower back pain (including SI joint) and hip pain – pain and discomfort oscillates between left and right side from day to day. Hip pain includes soreness around the joint, hip flexor tightness/pain and TFL tightness. Additional tightness/pain in the glutes. Like Dovey I also get some relief when I do a pubis reset.
- Right shoulder sag (and maybe right hip hike). While standing there is a noticeable downward tilt on my right shoulder compared to my left.
- Tight psoas and QL on my right side. I’ve had some terrible bouts with QL spasms.
- Knots down both TFL’s, and on the inside of my right thigh near my groin and just above the knee. Foam rolling helps a little.
- In addition to SI pain/instability I think I have glute activation issues – probably not surprising since I work in front of a computer all day.