Daily Mobility Exercises by Dr. Kelly Starrett Forums General Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years! Re: Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years!

Participant

Hi Guys,
I have a very similar issue with you.
Starting when I run too much too soon 1 year ago, one day after I run I tried flex my knee and feel sharp pain my left knee.
Got MRI and doctor said small lateral meniscus rupture and rupture of antero lateral ligament.
Since then both my left and right ITB tighten up severely.
I have a lot of adhesive knots or trigger point along my left ITB. I feel tingling sensation along my left ITB.
My right ITB does not have muscle knots however it is very tight, much tighter than my left ITB. This affect my walking gait and recently I feel medial knee pain in my right knee due to this improper alignment.
I feel my right pelvic is shifted anterior and my left pelvic posterior. And also a lateral pelvic tilt.
Recently my shoes are all wearing out at the outside rear both left and right since this injury.
I visited a PT and she did a deep tissue massage in my lower body that hurt like hell.
Has anyone in here try Yoga?
Similar with Kefu, I have tried many alternatives mentioned here but found no improvement.
I will update more later.