Daily Mobility Exercises by Dr. Kelly Starrett Forums General Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years! Re: Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years!

Participant

Having a hard time posting because I can’t get to a mobile friendly page.  Anyways, I had the same pain many times in the past.  I highly recommend 1.5 squats with very slow eccentric phases.  Use lighter weight like 135 max or even bodyweight.  Do a few sets of 15 about 2 or 3 times a week.  Also, afterwards while your quads are pumped, roll your quads with a hard roller, not one of those rinky dink ones.  Roll your groin and hams.  Lacrosse ball your hip flexors, piriformis, and gluteus medius/minimus.  Couch/ wall stretch the beck out of your quads, the lean forward and stretch the hip flexors.  Stretch the glutes.  Lay on your back, keep one leg on ground.  Swing other leg across your body to touch your outstretched arms.  Do this dynamically left right left right for maybe 20 or 30.  Good luck.