Daily Mobility Exercises by Dr. Kelly Starrett Forums General Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years! Re: Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years!

jtrue

I still haven’t improved in terms of symptoms. My knee pain is still pretty bad. My posture has improved and my physio has said I am performing all the exercises better. I am still twisted in the pelvis but its subtle she said. Still have anterior pelvic tilt but much less. My knee’s dont track over toes when performing corrective exercises and im pretty much doing them in correct form. My IT band, and quads are still tight and painful. They flare when doing certain functional activities during the day. 
I really started to progress with Naudi Aguilars exercises recently at functional patterns (in his knee, hip and gait foundational products). Its only been a 1 week of doing the progressions, so I am still going to give it a little bit of time.
I am thinking of going to see another physiotherapist who specializes in running as running and gait are one of the most functional and important movement patterns to master. Insufficient gait patterns might be related to my problem.