Daily Mobility Exercises by Dr. Kelly Starrett Forums General Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years! Re: Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years!

Participant

Hey just found this post by fluke … I’m an avid runner and weight trainer and I have this exact same problem with leg length imbalance due to pelvic tilt …my hip is visibly lower than the other which in turn causes me a lot of pain … I have been dealing with this for over a year thinking of every cause under the sun … With no avail .. But recently I have discovered the relationship between my tight quad on the injured leg and the pelvic tilt . I never had pain in my quad , it was just always very tight . However after going to a therapist I began to realize I have literly a brick of muscle adhesions all through my quad hip flexor and it band which pill on the front of my hip dragging it down … This is why I cannot feel my glutes when squatting and why my hamstrings feel like they might snap … As I have been releasing my quad my hip levels have evened out and the pain is much less … I hope this may help you In Your journey I know as well as anyone how frustrating finding the answer to something like this is 🙂