Forums General Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years! Re: Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years!

Participant

Thanks cmillercmt, I think most everything you state above rings true, at least with the issues I’ve been experiencing.  I’ve only recently started belly breathing, definitely a work in progress.  I’ve also started doing some more core work, stirring the pot seems like it works well, also incorporating some pelvic clocks while breathing correctly.  Maybe I’m changing too many things up, but I’ve also been doing some isometric holds that Naudi Aguilar recommends in some of this videos, making sure I’m concentrating on a neutral pelvis while doing them.  I’ve said this before, but I’m seeing some improvement.  I’ve also been dry needling myself, mostly get a twitch response from the vastus lateralis and rectus femoris on the affected side.

Over the last couple days I’ve been out ski touring and although I’ve had slight discomfort during the activity the tightness hasn’t returned like in the past.  Going to continue strengthening the posterior chain along with everything else I mentioned above.  What kind of practioners are usually trained in releasing the diaphragm?  Overall my psoas and illiacus don’t seem to be super tight, but I do feel some tightness while performing a side bend.  

Isometric Holds are in this video, along with some more dynamic movements I hope to progress to.