Daily Mobility Exercises by Dr. Kelly Starrett Forums General Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years! Re: Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years!

Goals:

1) Body aligned
2) Activate Core, posture
3) Integrate Core activation with glute activation
4) Integrate core activation and glute activation with functional movements
1) Body aligned
Re-establish aligned body by getting 10 session series done by a Rolfer. I have only read good things about rolfing and my physiotherapist brought it up. I think this may help align my body and release knotted tissues. Stretches at home, and self-myofascial release can help it remained aligned between sessions.
2) Activate Core, posture
Activate my deep core muscles (TVA, pelvic floor, and diaphragm). This will help make sure I will be activating my core during functional exercises which will allow for better motor control and better posture and alignment. Physiotherapist whose a clinical pilates instructor will help accomplish this. 
3) Integrate core-activation with glute activation
Physiotherapist will help accomplish this. This is the progression towards functional exercises. This will help me keep my newly establish alignment from Rolfing and make it permanent.
4) Integrate core-activation and glute activation with functional exercises
Physiotherapist will help accomplish this. This is the final progression. Key emphasize placed on proper form, body alignment, posture, motor control while using the core and glutes to perform exercises. This will reinforce proper body alignment.
5) Maintenance
Continue doing Rolfing less often on a maintenance basis. Also, continue doing key physio exercises, stretches and self-myofascial release to prevent regression.