Daily Mobility Exercises by Dr. Kelly Starrett Forums General Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years! Re: Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years!

Participant

Hey Kefu, I did have bilateral pain and tightness at one point. Lately it seems like its mostly my left leg. Which happens to be the side that my glutes feel a little weaker/inhibited on. I think I already mentioned this but after a couple PT visits I asked my PT to check my pelvis, sure enough my right side was posteriorly rotated, a quick adjustment and most of the itb tightness disappeared. Plus a functional leg length discrepancy was resolved. Right leg being shorter than the left. Granted that didn’t last, I came out of alignmemt and it came back until I started hitting the gym.

A bunch of people have mentioned to look at the psoas as well, but haven’t noticed that its weak or tight, maybe I don’t know what those muscles are supposed to feel like as I admit my core is probably very weak compared to the rest of my body.

Thanks for the thoughts and videos, keeps me motivated to find a fix. I know you know better than anyone, but after a while it’s hard to stay motivated and stick with a program if you aren’t getting results.