Daily Mobility Exercises by Dr. Kelly Starrett Forums General Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years! Re: Chronic IT band/quad TIGHTNESS and knee pain (chondromalacia patella?) for 6 years!

Participant

Good to hear you are seeing some progress Kefu!  Sounds like all your work is paying off.  Have you tried smashing the tibialis anterior yet?  I feel like it was contributing the pressure I was feeling.  Just like you on the affected side my glute doesn’t seem to be firing as strongly as it should, notice it especially when doing one leg deadlifts. 

Went to the gym for the first time since I got back from AK, and I could tell my quads were tight when doing a couch stretch.  However, the tone in my TFLs seems greatly decreased after the trip. 

I’ve been trying to get out of my habit of standing at my desk all day without walking around, other than hitting the gym.  I’ve been using an exercise ball with a stool behind me to do a standing couch stretch.  Placing my knee on the exercise ball, with my foot resting on the stool that is placed behind the ball.  Feel better so far, but only been back at work for 3 full days now.  Anyone have any tips on making sure the tibialis anterior is working as it should?