Patrick OranPatrick Oran
Participant

Hello! My name is Patrick, I’m in Commercial Real Estate full time and have coached and trained (basketball and CrossFit primarily) on the side for close to ten years now. I’m making my way through the 101 course and loving it. The answers to my questions might be coming and I just haven’t gotten there yet so just let me know if that’s the case. I’ve got two scenarios, one for a client and one for myself that I’ve tried to remedy or learn more about through available TRS content and haven’t quite found what I’m looking for. Hoping this forum is the appropriate place to source input!

The first is for a someone new I’ve begun partnering with (mid 30s Crossfiter, consistent movement and mobility practice outside of the gym) who experiences intense spasms every couple months along his left scap. It’ll cause pain when breathing and slowly subsides over the course of a few days as ROM returns. I’ve found one TRS video where Kelly recommends H-Wave for spasms but are there other, more readily accessible protocols for that initial spasm? And care/restoration afterwards?

Second is for myself. About a year ago I was chasing my son barefoot through my house and woke up the next day unable to put pressure on my left foot because of swelling and pain. After visiting a a podiatrist, imaging (x-ray) came back clear and I spent a week in a walking boot and a recommendation to wear more padded shoes. I typically wear Vivobarefoot’s during work and minimal, zero drop training shoes. The pain was at the head of my fifth metatarsal, base of my pinky toe, the Dr said I likely damaged the joint capsule and needed to give it time. Now I’m over a year out and can move in a linear plane fine but anything lateral or if I step on a rock at that spot the pain is immediate and harsh. I’ve learned a good bit through TRS around joint capsule care for hips and shoulders but how do I care for joint capsules along the toes? Or, now being a year out, am I possibly dealing with something else? I’m pretty sure I’ve developed a bone spur on the top of my foot, at the base of the pinky toe.

Thanks so much for your input!

Patrick