Participant

I’ve got essentially the same challenge. I’ve been a subscriber for 6 months or so, have the leopard book, and have invested some time with trs (honestly only once or twice a week.) About 4 months ago, I made up a little assessment grid, took the leopard book to the gym, and spent a couple hours trying to do a bit of a self assessment. I just watched the assessment video and thought it was great. My issue then and now is “ok, what do I do next?”. A couple things would be helpful to me in terms of getting more out of the fantastic material you guys offer.
1) Something online where, for each assessment, there would be 3 or 4 questions & a simple rating (1-4 maybe.) Then I could go back in a month or do, re run the assessment and see how much movement there had been.
2) Maybe something more prescriptive about what to do next. I get this is hard without doing an actual diagnostic session. But I think a “if you had trouble with xyz in this archetype, look at these mods”. For example, I do the pistol and I can’t keep my heel down. I dont expect you know conclusively. Is it a hip issue? Is it an ankle issue? Is it both? Is it “yes AND . . .”?

I think a little more help with assessing myself and then a little more specific guidance about where to start exploring would really help me. I do find there’s a lot of very helpful material here. I just get a little overwhelmed by it and worry I’ll spend a lot of time because things are interesting but not make progress in the areas that are likely causing me issues.

I will say that I was experiencing frozen shoulder. When it was near it’s peak at about 7 months, I used a number of the mods I learned here and that brought me a bunch of relief (and better sleep!) As it has progressed thru and is improving, the motions I’m choosing are changing and that continues to help me with range challenges I’m still working hard to resolve. So, I’m a believer. Drank the cool aid.

I spend 10 hours/week or so on the bike and think there’s likely a lot here to make that more productive and helpful.

Im posting this in the forum because I’m hopeful other folks have worked their way through similar challenges and can get me pointed in the right direction without waiting for the site to change to meet my specific desires! 🙂